Friday, April 17, 2009

Garden Goddess

My little Garden Goddess.

What a beautiful day! I used to not understand my grandparents being rather obsessed with the weather. They owned a farm in Illinois and seemed to always be talking about the weather...which totally bored me. Their farm's success depended on that weather. Talk about faith...

I worked in the garden today after many days of rain or a busy schedule. It was wonderful to finally get my hands in the soil. I planted the next batch of peas, onion sets from the Shippensburg hardware store Master Gardener Ann and I stumbled upon last month, and some Rouge d'Hiver lettuce.

Seeing how my onion seedlings are doing though is humbling. I thought they would be bigger by now and not so vulnerable looking. But the radishes look healthy!! They are showing a bit of red. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you will see them. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment