Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lovely Lawn Chairs


I love Spring! We have a useful tradition in our town left over from when the borough collected large items once a year. Everyone would put their trash which was too large for regular pick up, out by the curb and the borough would wait about a week before picking it up. During that time, people would cruise the neighborhoods for useful items in the piles. My "trash" pile would begin rather large, but each day I would reorganize the smaller and smaller pile after people had rummaged through it. Sometimes by the end of the week, I had no pile left. It was interesting to see what I considered trash, but someone else considered useful. It was a nice way to *Reuse*Reduce*Recycle*. Even though the borough changed how they pick up trash, allowing one large item each week and no yearly pick-up, a tradition was born. If we have something large and still useful, we put it on the curb with a free sign.

My neighbors recently did this with their old lawn chairs. I saved them to my back yard! Aren't they great!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment