Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bunny Baby






Ms. Wabbit knows we are all bluster, but this is ridiculous. She frantically was digging a hole in the middle of our yard yesterday and I covered it up. She then moved on to another spot, dug a hole and I covered it up. After the fourth hole, I finally realized she probably was in labor. Yep. By the end of the day, she had very carefully covered up the hole I let her dig with grass, because she had her baby bunny! Talk about procrastination.

I of course could not destroy her nest any more than I could destroy her. Of course, she has no qualms about destroying my garden! I am hoping for just one baby bunny though.

Update:
This is a picture of the nest the next day, right in the middle of the yard, in the heat of the day. Crazy Wabbit! She did visit today, to check on her babies. I guess she is a good mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment